Graduation and Commencement
Click here for a timetable of due dates and graduation and commencement information.
Graduation and Commencement Timetable
Marshall University observes four official Graduation dates during an academic year. The official graduation dates is the date that appears on your diploma.
The official graduation dates are:
- last day of final examinations in July;
- last day of final examinations in August;
- last day of final examinations in December;
- day of May Commencement for the spring semester.
Marshall University observes two Commencement ceremonies each year to honor candidates for associate, baccalaureate and advanced degrees (master’s, specialist and doctoral).
- The Spring ceremony honors students who complete their degree requirements between December and May and is held in May;
- The Fall ceremony honors students who complete their degree requirements between May and December and is held in December.
Doctoral degree candidates are invested with the academic hood signifying the appropriate degree during the Commencement ceremony. Doctoral candidates may invite a major professor, advisor or dissertation committee chair to participate in the hooding. Master’s and Education Specialist candidates wear academic hoods with regalia during the ceremony.
If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 304-696-6410.