The Office of Community Engagement serves as a clearinghouse and referral service for students and staff who are interested in community service. The program is multifaceted in its approach to service.
- Direct referrals can be made for students and groups who would like to commit to on-going service.
- Customized projects can be developed with area agencies to meet the goals of classes, organizations, and individuals.
- One-time projects such as fund-raisers, awareness campaigns, and disaster relief are popular projects for student and staff volunteers.
- Community Service Referrals are in place to assist students with judicial and community restitution sanctions.
- The Community Outreach program develops opportunities for students to become involved in special projects in the community.
As a clearinghouse, groups and individuals receive assistance in developing service opportunities that fit their interests and skills. The Office of Community Engagement is located in MSC 2W23. Community agencies register with our office and provide detailed descriptions of the types of assistance that their particular agency requires.