International Business & Modern Language
Your Future Begins at Marshall!
All business is international. American companies manufacture goods and serve markets in foreign countries. Foreign companies manufacture goods and serve markets in the United States. The business world is flat and growing smaller as international business grows.
The economic strength of our nation depends on the ability of American businesses to compete in a global economy. For those businesses to be successful, the people who work in them must understand both the world of business and the business of the world.
A double major in International Business and a foreign language will prepare you for a career in the international economy. You will work with people from different countries and backgrounds to create opportunities for everyone to prosper. Your boundaries will be those you set for yourself, and you will help the world grow into a truly international community.
Tell me more about International Business + Modern Language
- The College of Business and the College of Liberal Arts are proud to announce their collaborative double-major that allows students to earn the B.B.A. in International Business and a foreign language. Students who double-major in International Business and a foreign language add value to many types of domestic and international corporations. They are prepared to meet the challenges of a global technological business environment because they have mastered many professional skills.
What Languages Can I Study?
- We offer language majors in: French, German, Japanese, Spanish
How much time does the program take?
- You can complete the International Business/Modern Language double major in four years. Students with previous language experience may take a placement test to enter a higher level language course.
What careers await an International Business + Modern Language graduate?
- Foreign Exchange Trader
- International Purchaser
- International Lawyer
- Civil Servant
- International Loan Officer
- International Foreign Planner
- Foreign Sales Analyst
- Public Relations Professional
- Foreign Service Officer
For more information, please contact: